52 Weeks of "I Do's"
Photo by Caroline Lima | Styled by Amanda Day Rose
My absolute favorite part of wedding design is the marriage that comes afterwards! We create these amazingly spectacular events, centered around those who love us most and the heartfelt details that make us who we are all as a beautiful prologue to marriage.
To me, it's so important that those blissful days during your engagement and as newlyweds last forever, not just during this special season in your life!
So now that we're well into a fresh new year, I want you and your spouse/fiancé/significant other to think about something...and hopefully turn it into an activity you can communicate to one another and share throughout the year! I want you to think about the ways you can honor your vows and commitment to one another every single week (and day, hour, minute!) of the year. Make them personal to you as a couple so they are even more meaningful! Celebrate your unique relationship and personalities. Share the commitment you plan to honor in the coming week with your spouse and communicate about the previous week's commitment to one another. Communication is key when it comes to fulfilling marriages, y'all, and what better way to strengthen this bond than by sharing the most special vows with one another every single week?
Here's a list of weekly "I Do's" to get your ideas flowing:
- I do promise to "unplug" at the end of each day and spend time with you.
- I do promise to spend one leisurely, relaxing meal with you each day this week.
- I do promise to take out the trash because I know that's your least favorite chore.
- I do promise to make the bed every morning.
- I do promise to check in with you during the day just to say "hi."
- I do promise to make you my first priority every morning and every night.
- I do promise to encourage and support you during a big project this week.
- I do promise to stop what I'm doing and greet you when you walk in the door.
- I do promise to turn the light out when I leave the room.
- I do promise to give you my full attention when you are telling me a story.
- I do promise to share honest feedback when you ask for my opinion.
- I do promise to pray with you each night.
- I do promise to celebrate your accomplishments - no matter how big or small - daily.
- I do promise to complete that lingering home improvement project that's been waiting for me.
- I do promise to lift you up when you're feeling sad or scared.
- I do promise to make you laugh at inopportune times because I know that's when you secretly enjoy it.
- I do promise to challenge you to be a better person.
- I do promise to cherish even the shortest moments with you, no matter how busy we are.
- I do promise to celebrate and love your quirks and unique traits.
- I do promise to comfort you when you're feeling like the weight of the world is on your shoulders.
- I do promise to relieve some of your burden when you are busy.
- I do promise to hold your hand in public because I know it means so much to you.
- I do promise to share my dessert with you.
- I do promise to support your decisions, no matter how great or small.
- I do promise to share my dreams and thoughts with you.
- I do promise to take you for who you are and not try to change you.
- I do promise to keep your dreams and fears close to my heart in confidence.
- I do promise to choose you above all else every day.
- I do promise to reach out to you first when I need someone the most.
- I do promise to respect you with everything I am.
- I do promise to protect you.
- I do promise to try my best to understand your viewpoint.
- I do promise to make our home a place of comfort and joy.
- I do promise to be not only your spouse, but also your confidante and best friend.
- I do promise to love you with everything I have, no matter what.
- I do promise to provide you with courage when you are feeling weak.
- I do promise to always be honest with you.
- I do promise to value the gifts you offer to me and our family.
- I do promise to appreciate the little things you do for me.
- I do promise to take a step back and look at the bigger picture when I feel angry.
- I do promise to let you have the first cup of coffee, because it's the best one.
- I do promise to date you as often as possible.
- I do promise to keep your needs in mind when making decisions.
- I do promise to celebrate your successes.
- I do promise to fight for our love and our family.
- I do promise to remind you every day of the reasons I fell in love with you.
- I do promise to love you more and more each day.
- I do promise to share with you all the ways you amaze me.
- I do promise to listen when you just need to talk.
- I do promise to try and provide answers when you need guidance along the way.
- I do promise to add items to the grocery list when I take the last of them.
- I do promise to be the best spouse I can possibly be for the rest of our lives.